[Discuss-gnuradio] Tx path diagram

From: Ronaldo Nunez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tx path diagram
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:02:18 -0200

Hello GnuRadio community,

I made a transmission path diagram to try to understand how USRP works.
I'm not sure if it's right, if somebody can correct it, it will be great! :D

To debug the diagram I used these parameters, but I didn't get the
right output (using USRP v1 and BasicTX d'board).

## Defined by user##
f_signal = 4 MHz
usb_rate (signal sample rate) = 2 * f_signal = 8 MHz
L1 = 4
f_LO = 5 MHz

## Defined by Software (automatic) ##
inter_sample_rate = usb_rate * L1 = 32MS/s
f1=?
f3=?

## Obtained inside AD9862
f2=?
f4=?

expected f4 = f_LO +/- f_signal = 5 MHz + 4 MHz = 9 MHz
                                                   = 5 MHz - 4 MHz = 1 MHz
##Diagram##
http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/4476/diageralfinalenusjm4.png

Ronaldo A. Viera Nunez