Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Macbook Pro and USRP2

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Macbook Pro and USRP2
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 14:00:47 -0600

Leslie Choong wrote:
> Thanks for your input Mike. I'm planning on installing a Linux distro
> (likely Ubuntu) on the MBP. I did do a number of Google searches
> trying to identify the chipset, but was unable to get the exact
> chipset.
> -Leslie

I have a circa Jan 2007 MacBook Pro (HW Rev 3,1 - the Santa Rosa
chipset), which has a Marvell Yukon 88E8058 PCI-E Gig-E NIC. I can
confirm that with GNURadio (svn rev 10260) on an Ubuntu 8.10, talking to
a USRP2 is no problem (find_usrps and usrp2_fft.py run without a hitch).
 Doug

--
Doug Geiger
Research Assistant