Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Failed to set initial freq

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Failed to set initial freq
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:29:56 -0800

Make sure you put an "M" after the frequency, otherwise it will assume you want to tune to 100 Hz, which it can't do.

Matt

w w wrote:
So, the board is probally bad....can you recommend a good example script for testing purposes? I also need the the TVRX board to Recieve bi-phase L encoded data....is this possible? Thanks

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:53 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 01:55:32PM -0500, w w wrote:
    > Greetings,
    > I got the TVRX because I need a board to RX AM from 100 to 600
    MHZ.   I know
    > it is for TV but I thought it could do AM as well.   However I
    can't seem to
    > set the intial freq for the board.   Using the same python
    script I can set
    > the freq for a basic RX board.  I don't seem to see any other
    errors other
> that then "Failed to set the intial freq". Any suggestions? Can the TVRX
    > board do AM?
    >
    > Thanks

    The TVRX board covers from 50MHz to about 860 MHz.
    It doesn't care what the modulation is.

    Eric