Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bbn 802.11 problem

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] bbn 802.11 problem
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 10:42:07 -0600

Greg Troxel wrote:
>   Several months ago I installed bbn 802.11 code and got it running. but today
>   when I wanted to download it in my new PC (according to what I've done
>   before http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/OtherCode)
>
>   cvs -d address@hidden:/cvs/adroitgrdevel co adroitgrdevel
>
>   the problem is
>
>   cvs checkout: Updating adroitgrdevel
>   cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/adroitgrdevel: No such
>   file or directory
>   cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot stat /var/lock/cvs/adroitgrdevel: No such
>   file or directory
>
> Sorry, I cleaned up what I thought was crud on the server because /var
> got full, and obviously (now) these dirs don't get autocreated as
> needed.  I have fixed them and verified that a checkout works.  The
> command above is right, or at least worked for me.
>
> That said, the code is getting a bit crufty and I had the impression
> there was a spiffed-up version of it on CGRAN.  I have not had time to
> hack on this lately.

The version in the CGRAN trunk is - I believe - an exact copy of what
had been on the acert CVS server. I created a developer branch that
works with the latest GNUradio API (i.e. hier_block2, etc.), but I was
hoping to get some additional testing (i.e. - please try it out!) before
merging. I've also only been concentrating on the RX path so far - the
TX path is probably still broken. Any help with that would be appreciated.
 Doug

--
Doug Geiger
Research Assistant