[Discuss-gnuradio] atsc

From: aberkley
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:18:20 -0500

 I need a little help with atsc demodulation procedure, I used the procedure
found in the README

1) Verify signal, adjust antenna and find best gain setting using usrp_fft.py,
station frequency from the fcc video database, and decimation of 10.

2) Capture data - adjust gain (-g) frequency (-f) and which side
the tvrx is on to fit your local setup:

usrp_rx_cfile.py -s -R B -d 10 -g 65 -f 503e6 atsc_data_6-4m_complex---I did not
use this command

./usrp2_rx_cfile.py -s -e eth0 -m 00:50:c2:85:30:9c -d 16 -f 519e6 -g 70 -N
250000000 atsc_data_6-4m_complex

You probably still need fast disks to take the data, like a raid-0 set of
striped sata drives. Make sure there are no or very few Ou overruns. Saving
the raw usrp data in 'short' form halves the disk space/bus bandwidth that
the usual complex form uses.

3) Make pipes:

mkfifo /tmp/atsc_pipe_1
mkfifo /tmp/atsc_pipe_2
mkfifo /tmp/atsc_pipe_3
mkfifo /tmp/atsc_pipe_4
mkfifo /tmp/atsc_pipe_5

4) In seperate windows run processes:

./interp_short.py <input rf data at 6.4Msps>
./xlate.py
./fpll.py
./btl-fsd.py
./viterbi-out.py <output mpeg transport stream>

 When I execute step 4, the scripts appear to execute properly.  When I go to
the /tmp directory I do not see the pipes filling, the sizes remains 0.  When I
stop the execution of the scripts I do not have any data in my output file.  Am
I missing a step with piping the files.

If I remove the pipes and execute the files sequentially (without any pipes).
First executing ./interp_short.py  then ./xlate.py a few seconds later and so
on. I see the files (/tmp/atsc_pipe_(1-3) growing but not /tmp/atsc_pipe_5.
The 'btl-fsd.py'script is not saving data to /tmp/atsc_pipe_5.

I could use a little insight in executing this process.

Thank You