Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic problem installing GSSM

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic problem installing GSSM
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:06:21 -0600

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 16:59 +0100, José Carlos Reyes wrote:

> Now, when I try to demod traffic, in the last step when I try to start
> the gssm_usrp.py script, it gives me the following error:
>

> address@hidden:~/Escritorio/gssm-v0.1/src/python$ ./gssm_usrp.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./gssm_usrp.py", line 5, in <module>
>     from gnuradio import gr, usrp, db_dbs_rx, blks
> ImportError: cannot import name db_dbs_rx

The code you are working with appears to only be compatible with the GNU
Radio 3.1 release series, as it is using the old 'blks' namespace and is
trying to use an undocumented way of dealing with the USRP
daughterboards.

In the GNU Radio development trunk, and in the (soon to be released)
3.2rc0 release, neither of these are supported.

I'd recommend either downgrading your GNU Radio release to 3.1.3 or
politely requesting the original code author to update their code to
work with recent GNU Radio.

-Johnathan