[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Spectrum Sense - Convert FFT Data into dBm propor

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Spectrum Sense - Convert FFT Data into dBm proportional values
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 15:49:14 +0100

TMob wrote:

> Is it correct to just subtract 20 times the log of the window power to
> remove the window processing gain from the data?
> Is subtracting the gain correct to get somewhat proportional values?
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> TMob

Eventhough, I am not clear about what you are doing(i am a new one),I
know from FFT theories that the computed FFT should be normalized by
1/sqrt(N) to preserve the energy(where N is size of FFT u take).
That means, 10*log(N) should be substracted from the computed FFT power
to get same power as the one computed in time domain.

Bruhtesfa