[Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting and disconnecting a usrp

From: Kieran Brownlees
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Connecting and disconnecting a usrp
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 11:45:18 +1300

Hey all,

I have a quick question about connecting and disconnecting a usrp within the same python run. My test program creates a top block, within the top block it attempts to create a usrp.source_c(0), it then deletes the source goes to sleep and waits for a KeyboardInterrupt, when this is detected it attempts to create the usrp source again.

The behaviour I am trying to understand is when I start this program with my usrp not powered on I get the message "Unable to find USRP #0" as expected. But if I then power on the usrp and hit ctrl-c I still get the message "Unable to find USRP #0". So my question is: Is it not possible to connect / disconnect a usrp within the same python run? (There is a firmware error if you have the usrp connected to start with, create / destroy a source, disconnect it, reconnect it and then attempt to create a new source)

Thank you,
Kieran

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.