[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio version & uninstall

From: Dimitris Symeonidis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio version & uninstall
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:05:36 +0100

Two questions, related to one-another:
1) Is there a command or a file that tells me the gnuradio version
installed and used?
What I mean is: let's say I have separate folders with 3.1.1, 3.1.2,
3.1.3 and the latest trunk.
I occasionally "sudo make uninstall" one and "sudo make install" the
other. Is there a way to know which one is currently installed?

2) Connected to the previous question: the "normal" way to uninstall a
version of gnuradio is to go into the source folder and type "sudo
make uninstall". However, this requires a) that you know which version
is installed, and b) that you still have this source folder. My
question is: is there a more generic way to remove an installation of
gnuradio? Which folders should I remove? So far I have collected:
    *  /usr/local/etc/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/include/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/share/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/share/doc/gnuradio-3.2svn
    * /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio
    * /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/grc_gnuradio
    * ~/.gnuradio
but I'm not sure this list is complete...

Thanx in advance...

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with
a mosquito!" - Amnesty International