[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: wrong dB

From: Markus Feldmann
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: wrong dB
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:16:36 +0100

Martin Braun schrieb:
Don't confuse dB and dBW. You want to see -60dBW, but you see -11.9dB.
That's because your justing looking at numbers, not voltages.
However there should be a reference point ?
So if you are right, which is the reference number ?
From this to my Number should be a difference of 60dB.
Only their relations, i.e. 'there is twice as much energy around f1 than
there is around f2'. Take a look at the FFT sink code and you'll find
averaging etc. GNU Radio does not know the precise antenna voltage.
Besides, there is a FFT sink for complex signals and you won't need a
throttle here, as the sampling rate is limited by the USRP.
As i know at this moment and as my results says that is not correct.
You need a Throttle, otherwise your application
is busy. Maybe you can substitute the throttle, but thats it.
The USRP transmits as much data as it can to your computer.

Regards Markus