[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP underrun problem

From: karim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP underrun problem
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:04:52 -0800

Hi everyone,
I am new to gnuradio, so this may be basic. Searching online, I couldn't find a solution (other than advising to ditch the PC I am using :) )

I am running the usrp_siggen.py script to generate a sin wave using the 2.4GHz board and I get the following error when running the script:
uUuU == USRP underrun (not enough sample ready to send to USRP sink)

The documentation on: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpFAQ/Gen

says to avoid cache crippled PC :) (is there another solution to this?)

I have an HP laptop and am running Ubuntu:
Release:        8.04
Codename:       hardy

with the following CPU specs:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7500  @ 2.20GHz
stepping        : 11
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 4096 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm ida
bogomips        : 4393.71
clflush size    : 64

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T7500  @ 2.20GHz
stepping        : 11
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 4096 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm ida
bogomips        : 4388.83
clflush size    : 64

Cheers,
Karim