[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Problem in Installing gnuradio-3.2

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Problem in Installing gnuradio-3.2
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:39:59 +0100

Somya Ajmera wrote am 2009-03-15 00:54:
Hi , I am facing a problem in installing gnuradio-3.2. I was able to install gnuradio-3.1.3 properly but when I tried to install this newer version on the top of the older version, maximum of the packages are not getting configured including gnuradio-core and usrp.

You should always a make uninstall before installing a newer version. Otherwise parts of the old installation may interfere with the new parts. Components of different versions can not be expected to work together.

I am attaching the log ./configure file for the reference (open it with word pad). I am a newbie to Linux and to gnuradio. I would really appreciate if anybody can help me regarding this matter.

Please tell us more about your setting. Refer to http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/ReportingErrors#WhatIfIstillHaveaProblem

Your configure output shows:

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gcell
gnuradio-core
usrp
gr-usrp
gr-usrp2
gr-gcell
gr-msdd6000
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-oss
gr-audio-osx
gr-audio-portaudio
gr-audio-windows
gr-atsc
gr-comedi
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gpio
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-pager
gr-radar-mono
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-wxgui
gr-qtgui
gr-sounder
gr-utils
gnuradio-examples
grc

You won't get any far without a least gnuradio-core, gr-wxgui and gr-utils, and gr-usrp if you want to use the USRP. You won't get any soundcard usage without one of gr-audio-alsa, gr-audio-jack, gr-audio-oss or gr-audio-portaudio on Linux, preferably gr-audio-alsa. You won't have the helpful examples without gnuradio-examples.

Did you disable some of them in the configure command line? How did you configure? The output is only a very limited help without the command line generating it.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>