[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Packets

From: devin kelly
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio Packets
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:04:13 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how information is sent between a PC and the USRP.  So far I can tell they are all customized packets, i.e. raw sockets are used, which is why you need to be root.  But I've been having trouble figuring out what the header information is.  Does anyone know?  If there is a GNU Radio plugin for Wireshark (formerly Ethereal) that would be a great tool.  Also, does the USRP (or USRP2) support UDP at all?  I doesn't look like it to me, but I'd like to be sure.  And if not, why no support for UDP?

Thanks,
Devin