[Discuss-gnuradio] Data Types In GNU Radio

From: Fatima Af
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data Types In GNU Radio
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 19:33:45 +0100

Hi,

I am working on a project on Cognitive radios. I want to achieve
real-time transmission n reception of audio between two USRP boards. The
biggest problems i am facing are in designing the flow graphs because of
data type mis matches. For example i am taking the audio input from
microphone and its Float type but blocks like modulation and
chunks_to_symbols do not accept float type data. I have tried to use the
float_to_char bloack to accomplish the necessary conversion but
unfortunately it didnt work.

Another question is "Are the float_to_char and char_to_float bloacks bot
exactly reciprocal of each other??? (coz after passing through both
these bloacks the original float signal wasnt recovered) Similar is the
case with float_to_short and short_to_float blocks..."

Kindly guide me how i should get rid of this data type issue coz alot of
my time is getting wasted just in resolving it..

Looking forward to your help...

Regards