Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cycle/period detection of a cyclic/periodic trans

From: Firas Abbas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cycle/period detection of a cyclic/periodic transmitter
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 04:10:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> On Wed, 4/22/09, kaleem ahmad <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to detect the cycle (or period) time of a cyclic data
> transmitter by sensing the channel. The transmitter can be any general e.g.
> FSK/ZigBee/Bluetooth etc, and transmitting a fixed packet after every 'T'
> ms. I am interested to detect this T using GNURadio/USRP.

You info is not enough.

For a cyclic transmitter there is a transmission duty cycle and repetition
cycle. From what I understand, you are trying to measure repitition cycle.

But,

What is the duty cycle of your transmitter (the time it will stay ON)?

For example, Blue tooth is a frequency hopping device. It hops 1600 hop/sec.
This means the duty cycle for it is 625usec.

Best Regards,

Firas