Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Standalone USRP1 Operation

From: Firas Abbas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Standalone USRP1 Operation
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:25:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> On Sun, 4/26/09, Tony Naggs <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Programming for USB Host is unfortunately not simple.....

Thank you for the suggestions. I did some research on USB in the couple two
days ago. I found a microchip pic which can be configured as a USB host or
device. But, as you said it is not simple and can take a long time.

> I think approx $150 for a board that runs Linux and you can
> be confident will do the job is a bargain.
>
> Regards,
> Tony

yes that's it. A simple and fast way -I think- will be to use a cheep PC104
with AMD processor running light Ubuntu.

Best Regards,

Firas