[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: error compiling gnuradio trunk

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: error compiling gnuradio trunk
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 15:40:12 -0400

After a bit of searching I think the problem is as follows:

Since AC_PROG_MKDIR_P is reported undefined, this propagtes to the corresponding Makefiles,

eg in

which contains the line

so later on when it tries to execute

$(MKDIR_P) html

in order to create the html directory it executes instead

thus the error in make.

S my question is now, why in the first place this happens, and secondly, what is the best way to fix it.

I am trying to install gnuradio from trunk to a
"Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 5 (Tikanga)"

Bootstrap gives the following error:
configure.ac:85: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_MKDIR_P
        If this token and others are legitimate, please use
        See the Autoconf documentation.

Then configure executes with the following error messages
caen-vnc04% ./myconf > foo.log
./configure: line 5091: AC_PROG_MKDIR_P: command not found
pgf77-Error-Unknown switch: -print-search-dirs
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
      If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.

Finally, make stops with the following message:
make[4]: Entering directory
make[4]: html: Command not found
make[4]: *** [prep] Error 127
make[4]: Leaving directory
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
make: *** [all] Error 2

I don't know why "html" is needed or what it is, but apparently cannot
be found.

Any ideas?