[Discuss-gnuradio] a running problem with the USRP, i am confused!

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] a running problem with the USRP, i am confused!
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 07:28:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I tried the DBPSK and DQPSK scheme with benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py. I found there is a problem with USRP. After having TX and RX rest for 20 mins, the communication between them are so good that the PDR detected at the RX is almost 99%, but after those two USRPs run for a while, say 10 mins, the communication quality deteriorates rapidly, which means the synchronization was worsen. Does it mean USRP could not keep on running for a long time or the USRP boards we are using have been broken? I do not know the reason for this problem. Please let me know what's wrong with the USRP.  Thanks a lot!

Bill