Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX filter efficiency?

From: Andreas Bogk
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX filter efficiency?
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:45:33 +0200

Eric Blossom wrote:
[datasheets]
OK, I'll look for them later on today.

Matt sent me the correct part number (MAX2118), and I've found the data sheet.

The chip has a controllable IF-filter bandwidth.  It can be controlled
using the set_bw method on the daugherboard subdevice.  Pass it the
desired bandwith in Hz.  The DBSRX code will accept a value between 1e6 and
33e6, though the chip's only spec'd down to 4e6.  By default we're
running it wide open (33e6).

I'm going to play with this, thanks for the info!

Andreas