Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Format of captured data

From: Ujala Qasim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Format of captured data
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:23:20 +0600

Hi,
I am not using GNU Radio, I am simply taking 16-bit data samples from the USRP in a small C++ interfacing program for Windows using "usrp_standard.h".
Now, I want to write my own FM demodulation code for these samples as I am not using GNU Radio, I won't be using any signal processing blocks, therefore I cannot use usrp.source_c [s] block.

So in this case, what is my 16-bit sample representing? An I or Q or (I + Q)?

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:59 AM, Jason Uher <address@hidden> wrote:
> So the data samples that I am getting are in the form of I0,Q0,I0,Q0.... or
> a sum: (I + Q)?
> If these are in the form of I0,Q0 ... then how do we keep a track that which
> one is an I and which one is a Q?

Which usrp source are you using in gnuradio?  There are both real
sources, and complex sources.  You want to use a complex source, in
which case the data will be streamed as (I0+Q0i).

Jason