Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to set up a variable after tb.Run()

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to set up a variable after tb.Run()
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 09:58:48 -0700

I think that you need to make a custom block wrapper to encapsulate whatever your are trying to do into a block. You can put all kinds of arbitrary code into the <make> tag. Have fun!

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#AddingCustomBlocks

feldmaus wrote:
Hi All,

it would be nice to have a possibility in grc to set up a variable which
comes to the end.

Further on i have some wishes to grc:
+it would be nice to send strings to a filesink for example with pickle.
+to set up the sequence of the variables

Also, there is a bug:
i made a variable_0:
self.variable_0 = variable_0 = file('../../../peakdaten.dat','a')
self.variable_1 = variable_1 = cPickle.dump([[time.time()],
[samp_rate],
['../../../peakdetektor1.hex',
'../../../peakdetektor2.hex',
'../../../peakdetektor3.hex'],
['../../../peakband1.hex',
'../../../peakband2.hex',
'../../../peakband3.hex']],variable_0)
and made a second variable_2 to close the file, but it doesn't seems to work:
self.variable_2 = variable_2 = variable_0.close()

I still want to add some infos after my program has finished.

Any ideas ?

regards Markus