[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 signal conditioning

From: Kutik
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 signal conditioning
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 01:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

My goal is to implement signal conditioning algorithm. Input is the tuned
frequency, output is the optimal gain settings to utilize the full range of
ADCs with saturation below acceptable threshold.

I would like to ask for clarification regarding the over-count value. From a
thread "usrp: rssi/clipping indicator, data glitches"

I see the over-count value can be obtained like urx->_read_fpga_reg(5 +
which_adc)

The returned value 32bit: The lower 16 bits has the RSSI value, and the
upper 16 bits has the over-count value.

1) How to reset the  over-count value? urx->_write_fpga_reg (5 + which_adc,
0)

2) The over-count value counts the clipped samples. What is the period under
test? Is it number of clipped samples since reset?

3) What happens when the over-count value reaches its max (2^16)? Does it
stays at max?