Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to gnuradio - Complex sampling question - ur

From: Jordan J Riggs
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to gnuradio - Complex sampling question - urgent
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:50:49 -0600

If I understand correctly, the real signal picked up by the antenna is mixed with two sine waves, 90 degrees out of phase, to create the I and Q components at baseband (depending on the daughterboard, there may be an intermediate frequency involved). The I and Q signals are then sampled by the ADCs. I and Q are then interleaved and sent over USB.
See page 9 of the USRP FAQ for more info.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9688095/USRP-Documentation

Jordan