[Discuss-gnuradio] Reading from USRP

From: Timur Alperovich
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Reading from USRP
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 02:09:24 -0400

Hey guys,

I've been trying to read from the USRP by simply doing u->read(buf,
512, overrun). I used the usrp_inband_usb_packet class to extract the
payload size and the payload from each USB packet received. As I
understand, the USB packets contain pairs of I and Q for each (I
didn't change the format from the default). I was expecting the
payload size then to be a multiple of 4, since it is 2 shorts. I
frequently see payload sizes such as 7, 13, etc. What is going on
here? Are there examples of getting the data from a dbsrx using this
method and processing it? I found the test_standard_rx example, but it
doesn't do any processing and just reads.

Thank you.

--
Cheers,
Timur