Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Accessing nasty elements of 'payload' in benchma

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Accessing nasty elements of 'payload' in benchmark_rx.py
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:43:44 -0500

> It seems to be a binary-stream and I am transmitting a packet with just 0's
> and 1's.
>
> I have tried writing payload to both, .txt and .bin files and output
> contains wierd characters. (Ofcourse, writing .txt file required me use
> repr() ).

First of all, what you want done may have already been implemented,
look at the digital-bert examples in the trunk

Now, how are you sending the data?  Benchmark_tx just sends packets
full of copies of the packet number, have you modified this behavior?

How are you writing the payload to a txt file?  Typically for the
purpose of benchmark_rx the payload is stripped out of the packet by
the time it gets to the top level of the python file because all
benchmark_rx cares about is if the CRC is correct.

Look into the guts of the receive_path.py and pkt.py files and you
will see how the packets are demodulated.  You can probably just
change the code after the de-whitener to check for the full BER.

Jason