Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Plot and Benchmark

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Plot and Benchmark
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 11:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

adib_sairi wrote:

> thank you Tom. I had run the usrp_display.py inside the gr-qtgui, it was
> very interesting. I see that you doesn't use the wxpyton any more and you
> use the qtgui isn't it?
>
> but I cannot find where it do the inserting data for plotting process. in
> usrp_fft.py it use the fftsink_nongl.py or fftsink_gl.py for the plotting
> process right?and fftsink_nongl.py insert the data for plotting in
> set_data function inside the fft_window class. so in fftsink_nongl.py, I
> tab the evt.data (inside the set_data function) and manipulate it to do my
> sensing mechanism.
>
> I see that the usrp_display.py call the qtgui.py for the plotting process
> and I think qtgui.py call it's C++ file for further processes isn't it? so
> how and where can I can tab the data like evt.data in usrp_display or
> qtgui? could you please explain a bit on how does usrp_display do the
> plotting process?
>
> thank you very much.
>
> Adib

I had search some more and found out that for the frequency plot, you use
FrequencyDisplayPlot (.h and .cc) right? and i found that you use the
_dataPoints pointer to plot the graph. i manage to tab the data by using
_dataPoints[which].. but manipulating in c++ seams to be quite complicated.
i would like to return and import this value (_dataPoints) to python but i
don't know how.. could somebody guide me for this? i think fftsink_nongl.py
does receive some data from c++ file (i think) but i also don't know how..
please somebody help me for this..

thank you very much in advance..

Adib