Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 spontaneously dies while transmitting

From: Timothy Pearce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 spontaneously dies while transmitting
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:58:42 +0100

I'm also having trouble transmitting on USRP2's with Dell M6400's - I've put off posting until I've had a chance to look into the problem - not using a switch and the transmitting USRP fails fairly quickly -- occasionally lasting about 15minutes (Usually this appear happen after the USRP has been used to do something else recently - but that could be my imagination)

The ethernet controller in these is the Broadcom NetExtreme BCM5761e according to lspci which isnt currently mentioned on the link a few emails back.

I'd be interested in the mentioned patch (even if it reduces performance too much for inclusion in the standard source) to avoid this problem if one gets written before I finish playing with Rx side stuff.

Cheers,

Tim

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Jordan J Riggs <address@hidden> wrotes
I'm not sure how to tell exactly which chipset I'm using, but I'm running brand-new Dell M6400 laptops. That page says that Broadcom BCM5755M on Dell mobos works fine.wit

Jordan

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 14:46 -0600, Jordan J Riggs wrote:

> FWIW, I'm currently struggling with the very same issue. I just
> flashed to the newest firmware/fpga with no improvement. The issue
> manifests at every interpolation I've tried.

Can you look at:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRP2GigEReports

...and see whether your configuration is listed?

The issue may be related to flow control handling on your motherboard
chipset.

Johnathan