[Discuss-gnuradio] How to simultaneously tx/rx on usrp with OFDM?

From: Yan Wang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to simultaneously tx/rx on usrp with OFDM?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:23:30 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
Basically I want to do following things on one usrp node.
1. receive packets from one other node
2. relay the packets received
3. transmit packets generated locally

So my idea is to get the packets through usrp_src and receive_path, then put
the received packets and locally generated packets together into payload, then
use send_pkts() to sendout packets through transmit_path and usrp_snk.

There are several problems I am facing now(sorry, I am not a good programmer,
maybe they are silly questions):
1. I am trying to use different threads to receive packets and transmit
packets. Although I used "global killed" and "sys.exit(1)" to make sure
threads exit when Ctrl-C pressed, it won't abort to the command line.

2. As I said I need to combine received packets and locally generated packets
at transmitting, but I didn't figure out how to achieve that. I am thinking of
make a global variable payload_all[], and just throw every packets into it,
then use send_pkts to transmit the payload while receiving packets from others
in another thread. Is that possible?

3. The blocks transmit_path and receive_path I think are both having only 1
connector in the graph. Is there any easy way to connect these two parts? Or
is there any other blocks that I can use to make this kind of connection?

Any related suggestion will be appreciated.

I posted my small test codes online(http://www.sendspace.com/file/6n64co), if
you can take a look at it and give me some suggestion, that will be awsome.

Thanks a lot.
Yan Wang