[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-howto import error

From: Alex young
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-howto import error
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:32:37 -0400

Background info:
GNU Radio trunk, revision 11163
Ubuntu 8.04, 32bit
make version 3.81
autoconf version 2.61
gcc version 4.2.4

The problem I am having:
I downloaded gr-howto-write-a-block-3.2.tar.gz from
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuradio/, extracted it, and ran ./configure, make, make
check and make install. (I did all this using sudo; my source tree is
owned by root.) There were no apparent errors, but I can include the
output if it is desired. I attempted to run qa_howto.py and recieved the
following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./qa_howto.py", line 24, in <module>
    import howto
ImportError: No module named howto

Per a comment from Eric on 18 Nov, 05 to the list, I checked my
PYTHONPATH variable:

$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages

I also found a thread started by William Sherman from April 09 with
similar issues, but I did not see its resolution.

So, the question:
Can anyone tell me if I've missed something about how to install "howto"
and import it successfully? I have had no operational problems with my
trunk install of gnuradio.

Thanks,
Alex Young