Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RS232 level shifter on RX/TX boards

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RS232 level shifter on RX/TX boards
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:43:57 -0700

Yang-Chieh Fan wrote:
Dear Ettus Team,

I was wondering if you would be able to tell me the exact model of the
RS232 chips that are used on the BasicRX and BasicTX daughterboards
for the USRP1 and USRP2 boards.

Myself and my team member are currently working on an RFID-based
project at The University of Adelaide, utilizing the USRP1 and USRP2
boards in conjunction with the Gnu Radio software, and we were trying
to get hold of the right datasheet for the RS232 chips. If you could
let me know that would be much appreciated.

We never used the RS232 stuff. It was never built and never tested and no firmware was written to use it. The package outlines are there on old BasicRX and BasicTX boards, but not recent ones (the last 2.5 to 3 years). I strongly suggest you not bother with it.

Matt