Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop_rx_streaming failing (USRP2)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] stop_rx_streaming failing (USRP2)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:18:28 -0700

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 12:56:13PM -0400, Michael Leferman wrote:
> I am directly using libusrp2 in a program, which runs fine the first
> time it is executed.  At the end of my program I run stop_rx_streaming,
> which fails, preventing the program from working the second time it is
> run.  Why could this command fail?  Does the USRP2 have to be in a
> certain state before it can be run?  Do I have to do something with the
> signal handler?  Do I have to make sure the buffer on the USRP2 is empty?
>  Thanks for the help.
>
> - Michael Leferman

If you're ever planning on sending a SIGINT (^C) to the program, then
yes, you will need to properly handle the signal.  See
usrp2/host/apps/rx_steaming_samples.cc for an example.

Do you have the usrp2 serial console hooked up?
Is it reporting anything?  It's possible that it's getting wedged
somehow.  (If so, the console is ususally streaming a bunch of "EEEEEE..."s)

Eric