Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Benchmark_tx/rx does not work below 500k bitrate

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Benchmark_tx/rx does not work below 500k bitrate
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 23:56:05 -0700

udadidd wrote:
hi I tried setting the bit rate of benchmark_tx/rx below 500k and the receiver
senses no messages below this rate. Is there any specific reason why is it
so? I use xcvr2450 boards. and i transmit at 5.1G.

The lower your bitrate, the narrower the signal gets. The narrower the signal, the narrower the filters. With narrow filters, the frequency offsets become a problem. The best way to handle this would be to add some sort of coarse frequency acquisition and tracking, but that is not in the code now, only fine tracking.

Matt