[Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding destructor and member functions in

From: Milo Wong
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question regarding destructor and member functions in C++ source
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 23:14:45 -0700

Hi all,

I was wondering why most of the gnuradio blocks don't have destructor even though they have constructor defined in C++ source(e.g. gr_ofdm_mapper_bcv.cc)? Is that due to the features of smart pointer, boost::shared_ptr<T> ?

Another question is : What is the difference between using "class_name::work()" and "class_name::general_work()". I guess it might depend on their base class (gr_block and gr_sync_block) where they are derived from. I have been using gr_sync_block as my base class. But I don't know the reason for that. How do I know which base class I should use?

Thanks in advance.

Milo