Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with GNU radio in Cygwin

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problems with GNU radio in Cygwin
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:07:08 -0400

Robert Pegram wrote:

I am installing GNUradio version 3.2 into Cygwin running Windows XP. I am using the tarball source for wxPython version 2.8.10.1. I have unpacked the source and successfully compiled it, built and installed wxWidgets, built and installed wxPython and tested it successfully. I did have to copy the python2.5/site-packages from /usr/lib/local to /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages. I then continued with the 3.2 install of GNUradio. I had to get and install the 1.38 version of Boost. I unpacked the the tarball for GNUradio 3.2 and ran the following commands in the /usr/src/gnuradio-3.2 directory to perform an
full installation of GNUradio:

./configure
make
make check
make install.

I received some warnings but no errors and the setup and install completed. When I cd my working directory to gnuradio-examples/python/audio to run the test audio program
is when I received the following error:

cd /gnuradio-examples/python/audio

python dial_tone.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dial_tone.py", line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr
ImportError: No module named gnuradio

By default, python looks in /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages for a directory called "gnuradio". Is it there? To find where your build put gnuradio, run the command

   fgrep pythondir config.status

in your build directory and look at the value of "pythondir". Does it say /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib? Is gnuradio there? If gnuradio is in /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packges, did you set PYTHONPATH?

-- Don W.