[Discuss-gnuradio] Latency measurement using GnuRadio

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Latency measurement using GnuRadio
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:38:07 -0400

Hi all.

  At work we're building some new modems for spacecraft communication,
and I've been tasked with coming up with a test set or tool for
measuring latency through each side of the modem (modulator and
demodulator).

  I'd like to use GnuRadio 2 and a USRP2 to do some or all of this.

I was wondering if the sample time-stamping capability was fully functional in version 2, and if I could use it to insure that a given
sample was transmitted at a specific time.  Similarly, can I get time
stamps on received samples?

TIA