Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB latency problem

From: perz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB latency problem
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 07:33:59 +0200

> The best you can do with USB is 150-200us, if you use really small USB
> transfers (~16bytes), and 250-400  if you use the default block size of 512
> bytes.

I did the following experiment:

I connected a square-wave to one of the J101 pins on the RFX1800 on two
USRPs. Then the two PCs polled the pin using some libusrp function. When
the pin changed polarity a burst was sent between the two PCs. The start
of the useful data in the received burst varied up to 0.75ms. Is this
consistent with the above ?

BR/
Per