[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP IQ Sampling - Channel Confusion

From: dan s
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP IQ Sampling - Channel Confusion
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:29:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am slightly confused on the USRP configuration.  The spec sheet says there are 4 input and 4 output channels.  Assuming you use two LFTX, and two LFRX daughter cards, it makes sense that you have 4 input and 4 output channels since each daughtercard has a jack labelled A or B.

For IQ sampling with an individual antenna, would I connect the leads of the antenna to an A and B channel on the LFRX for receive, and an LFTX A and B channel for transmission?
To do simultaneous transmit and receive, would some type of external switching circuit be required?  If not, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks,
Dan