[Discuss-gnuradio] USB VID & PID's

From: Kevin Wheatley
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB VID & PID's
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 19:38:52 +0000

Hi Guys

I’m new to the list and have a query regarding USB VID & PID’s.

The HPSDR community are currently prototyping a single board HF transceiver. The product is named Hermes.

A list of SDR USB PID’s seem to be maintained here:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/usrp/firmware/include/usrp_ids.h

We are looking for a unique VID & PID combination for Hermes, who do I need to contact to gain Hermes a valid PID? Looking at the list above, it looks like the next allocation is 0x0014 or 0x0019, we are looking to use the VID of 0xFFFE.

Any advice or pointers in the right direction greatly appreciated.

73’s
Kevin - M0KHZ