Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] u2_flash_tool missing

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] u2_flash_tool missing
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:32:44 +0100

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 01:22:36PM +0100, Hanno Jung wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to update the firmware on usrp2's sd card but I'can't find the
> flash
> tool.
>
> I know there was a posting on this topic few weeks ago, where Eric posted some
> Code, but I do not really know what to do with this.
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg20924.html

Hi Hanno,

within the source tree (using trunk or 3.2.2):

[insfl4:gnuradio]% find . -name u2_flash_tool
./usrp2/firmware/u2_flash_tool
[insfl4:gnuradio]% usrp2/firmware/u2_flash_tool --help
Usage: u2_flash_tool: [options] filename

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  -w, --write           write FILE to TARGET slot
  -v, --verify          verify FILE against TARGET slot
  -r, --read            read TARGET slot, write to FILE
  -t TARGET, --target=TARGET
                        select TARGET slot from: fpga, s/w [default=s/w]
  --dev=DEV             specify flash device file, e.g., /dev/sdb.  Be
                        careful!

Does this help?

MB

--