Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the MIMO port for serial comm. to a Virtex

From: Charles Irick
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the MIMO port for serial comm. to a Virtex5 board
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 15:58:35 -0500

Hello,
I'm most likely having a clock issue because I cannot get any data
transfers going between the USRP2 and GTPs on the V5. A few questions:

- I'm not quite sure I understand the 10MHz reference clock idea, or
its usage; I looked through the HDL and everything on the FPGA is
running at 100MHz.

- I assume I will not need to provide this reference clock if the
USRP2 is the driver given that sd_gentest appears to do so in the main
functions clocks_mimo_config. Either way I'm using the SAS to quad
SATA cable so the clock isn't even transferred to the GTPs (literally,
it's supposed to derive it from the data).

- My only clocking options on the GTP's are 150 or 75MHz. I'm not sure
if I should clock the USRP2's FPGA or the reference differently to
match this.

Any help with the clocking scheme would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Charles