[Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph generates output even when the input exhaus

From: Mir M. Ali
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph generates output even when the input exhausts
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:16:01 -0600

Hi,
I developed a gnuradio block that takes 2 inputs. Input_01 is coming from a source that repeats and Input_02 is coming from a source that exhausts after a while. The output should only be generated when there is data on both the input lines. I see in my flowgraph that even when the data on input_02 exhausts output is still generated even though I see no problem with my C++ code. Its a simple operation in which for each input in Input_02 line the block outputs 'N' items from Input_01. Once, the data source (in this case is a file_source in non-repeat mode) for Input_02 exhausts i.e. the file is read completely the output should stop being generated as there is nothing coming on Input_02. I expect the previous data stored in the buffer for Input_02 is flushed by the scheduler after one work() cycle.

Any  help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mir