Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on iphone?

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on iphone?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 10:53:53 -0600

> Hey,
> Could it be possible to install gnuradio on smarphones or iphone (v1 to v3)
> -maybe a minimal version- in order to get working the usrp (or a minimal
> harware) with it?

When I checked (when v1 came out), the iPhone did not have USB host
functionality.  That would be a deal killer right there, unless you
were going to build a new USRP with an OTG controller in it and
writing OTG drivers for both the iphone and the USRP, which is beyond
the capabilities of most hobbyist/university developers.  This does
not preclude you from using a different smart phone with host
capabilities (there were none when I checked 2 years ago), maybe the
droid does it, that phone's pretty slick.

If all you need is a portable software radio package you can
reconfigure and monitor (ie, via a screen), Notre Dame is making big
strides in that area
https://radioware.nd.edu/prototypes/prototype-portable-software-radio

Jason