[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Antenna and daughterboard selection for sub-GHz

From: Anand Padmanabha Iyer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Antenna and daughterboard selection for sub-GHz
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:28:02 +0530

Dear All,

Our research project requires the use of sub-GHz daughterboards in the
USRP. We have identified the TVRX receiver board and RFX400
transceiver (is there any other option that supports the range that is
supported by the TVRX on TX side?). However, our confusion is on the
antenna to be used. We would like to take help from the community on:

1. Is there a better transmitter option than the RFX400 that supports
the range supported by TVRX receiver (50-870MHz)?
2. Which antenna should we go for?
3. If EttusResearch doesn't sell antennas in this range, can we go for
local made ones? If we do, does the hardware support them? Does anyone
have experience in this?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Anand