Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Test tarballs for 3.3git

From: Arturo Rinaldi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Test tarballs for 3.3git
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 14:57:50 +0100

Il 17/01/2010 19:32, Johnathan Corgan ha scritto:
Test tarball distribution files have been created for the current
3.3git release under development:

http://gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/gnuradio-3.3git-594-g02616cf8.tar.gz
http://gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/gr-howto-write-a-block-3.3git-594-g02616cf8.tar.gz

These distribution files should compile and install using the same
configure, make, make install process as the current 3.2.2 release
files do.  The purpose of providing these is to test the distribution
tarball creation process, which can fail in ways that wouldn't affect
building from a repository checkout.  The full set of features for 3.3
release is not in them, nor are there release notes.  However, the
resulting build should be identical to what you would get if you were
to build from our current git master.

A word on naming--pre-release tarballs will have 3.3git, followed by
the number of revisions since the last tag in the repository, followed
by the shortened git commit id they are based on.  In this case, we
put in a 3.3git tag in the repo when we did the conversion from
Subversion, so there have been 594 commits along the master branch
since then.  (This naming is derived from the output of 'git
describe').

For USRP2 users, the associated image files for the firmware and FPGA,
respectively, are:

http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/txrx_edk10.1_3.3git-594-g02616cf8.bin
http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/u2_rev3_ise10.1sp3_3.3git-594-g02616cf8.bin

Remember, this is not a stable release, but a snapshot of our current
development for 3.3.  If this turns out to be useful (as measured by
feedback on the list or the wiki), we may automate this.

Finally, pending further testing, binary packages for Ubuntu 9.10 for
this version will be created; those tracking 'unstable' in their
package manager will get these automatically when they are ready.

Thank you,

Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC