[Discuss-gnuradio] Getting a git revision number from an old subversion

From: Ketan Mandke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Getting a git revision number from an old subversion rev number
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:43:53 -0600

Hi all,

I have been using an old version of the gnuradio trunk. I wanted to
check out that old version again, but I noticed that the switch over
to git has been completed and the subversion repository has been taken
down. Although, the git repository still looks like it has old
versions of the code back to 2006. Is there any way to convert a
revision number from the subversion repository into a git revision
number? Oh, and by the way, I also have the "Last Changed Date"
corresponding to the old version of the code that I would like to
check out, if that is relevant.

I apologize if someone has already asked this question, but I wasn't
able to find this answer while searching through the mailing list
archives. Thanks for your help.

Ketan Mandke
University of Texas at Austin
Wireless Networking & Communications Group
web: http://www.ece.utexas.edu/~mandke