[Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 - gcell_fft

From: Thilo Mönicke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] PS3 - gcell_fft
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:36:14 +0100

Hi,

I tried to set up a little Testprogram for the PS3 which should show
the advantage of the Power PC structure. For that, the program should
calculate 10000 FFTs and take the time. Unfortunately this program is
much slower as a same program running at a GPP. With the tool spu-top
I verified that all SPUs are working...

Do you have any idea how I could speed up my program?

Here is my Python-code (only the intresting part...):

class BenchmarkFFT(gr.top_block):
    def __init__(self):

        ph =
gcell.program_handle_from_filename("/home/moenicke/gnuradio-3.2.2/gcell/lib/spu/gcell_all")
        opts = gcell.jm_options(ph,0)
        self.mgr = gcell.job_manager(opts)
        gcell.set_singleton(self.mgr)

        gr.top_block.__init__(self)

        fft_len=1024
        n_ffts=10000

        src = gr.noise_source_c(gr.GR_GAUSSIAN, 1.0)
        head = gr.head(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, fft_len * n_ffts)
        s2v = gr.stream_to_vector(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, fft_len)
        fft= gcell.fft_vcc(fft_len, True, [])
        sink = gr.null_sink(gr.sizeof_gr_complex * fft_len)

        self.connect (src, head, s2v, fft, sink)

reguards

Thilo

@Eric: thank you for your last answer, it was a big help for me ...