Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Syncronising multiple USRP2 boards

From: Tom Gross
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Syncronising multiple USRP2 boards
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:57:28 -0500

actually with our configuration we simply synchronize using the MIMO
cable and setting one of the USRP2s to slave its clock to whatever the
other one is using (I forget exactly how this is done but we do pretty
much everything with GRC, so I think it's just in the source block for
the USRP2 - I am not at the location with our system at the moment so
I can't give you a better answer).

I'm pretty sure we are not using an external clock at all.  of course
our configuration is specific to our application requirements - we use
the second (slave) usrp2 to read a signal which is a function of the
master's receive signal and its transmit signal (I am being
deliberately vague).  I know that if I transmit from the master our
system doesn't work (because I tried it).

-Tom