[Discuss-gnuradio] Build Problem - Ubuntu 8.04

From: sri ram
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build Problem - Ubuntu 8.04
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 14:34:18 -0500

Hello,
         I am installing GNURadio code from the trunk using git on a laptop running Ubuntu 8.04 and have some build problems.

 I follow the instruction for installing the code given in the wiki.
i.e installing the required software using sudo apt-get, installing boost_1_37.
Then I do ./bootstrap, ./configure --with-boost=$BOOST_PREFIX --disable-gr-pager.

Configure completes and finds the correct boost library, options, etc. The config.log file gives a yes for all boost related items including "checking whether the boost::program_options includes are available".

 But the make command is not successful and results in the following error.
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-gcc42-mt-1_37
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[5]: *** [gnuradio-config-info] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/ysjeong/gnu/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib'
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ysjeong/gnu/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src/lib'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ysjeong/gnu/gnuradio/gnuradio-core/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ysjeong/gnu/gnuradio/gnuradio-core'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ysjeong/gnu/gnuradio'
make: *** [all] Error 2

This error was reported in another mail but there was no response in that thread.
Also, there is a previous installation of GNUradio 3.1.2 on a different user account. But I think that should not conflict because it is a separate installation from a different user.
Any help to solve this is really appreciated..

Thanks,
Sri