Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] free USRP (has a new home)

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] free USRP (has a new home)
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 20:26:40 -0800

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 03:01 +0100, Markus Kern wrote:

> Great choice! I have used the USRP to receive NOAA APT signals before
> (with one of Jerry's antenna designs it seems, incidentally). Very
> curious what he is going to do with it :)

BTW, the (newish) gr-noaa component in GNU Radio can receive and
demodulate the AVHRR/HRPT 1.1 km/pixel telemetry from NOAA POES
spacecraft.  There is a crude Matlab/Octave rasterizer script to turn
the telemetry into B&W PNG files for each imaging channel, or the output
can be read directly into a commercial HRPT rendering program like
HRPTreader for more sophisticated false color image generation.

Johnathan