[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with vrt code

From: Per Zetterberg
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with vrt code
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:24:01 +0100

Hi All,

I am transmitting using tx_samples and receiving with
rx_streaming_samples. I use basic daughterboards. The signal transmitted
is just a sequence of the value 10000+10000j. The carrier frequency is
set to 10MHz. The interpolation/decimation rate is 64. The transmitter
is repeating i.e. "-r" option is used.

The plot http://www.s3.kth.se/~perz/usrp/p1.jpg shows the absolute value
of the received data when the transmitter is using vrt code. The plot
http://www.s3.kth.se/~perz/usrp/p2.jpg shows the received signal when
the transmitter is using trunk code (checked out a few weeks ago). The
receiver is using vrt code in both cases.

The interval between the points where the signal disappears is
suspiciously close to 371. I think I also observed this "signal loss"
when looking at the signal output using oscilloscope (although it's an
old analog scope and therefore difficult to say).

BR/
Per